Taren Point Public School is holding La Belle Vie French market this Sunday. The 4rh edition of this French market will see stalls selling food, drink as well as fashion, homewares, art products – perfect to buy your Mother’s Day gifts.
TAREN POINT PUBLIC SCHOOL
The school has been a member of the Australian Association of French English Bilingual Schools for four years and the market is also in its 4th year. Previous years have seen attendance of 5,000 people at the La Belle Vie French Market.
Francophone Association of Southern Sydney (FASS), a local not for profit group which promotes French language and culture in the community, assists Taren Point Public School in making La Belle Vie Market happen. It’s involved in supplying volunteers on market day but also in the planning and organisation of the market event from an administration perspective.
LA BELLE VIE FRENCH MARKET
This year there are more than 60 stalls offering fabulous French products across food, drink, fashion, homewares, art, as well as a Citroen Club car display and live music throughout the day.
LIVE MUSIC: ‘ACCORDI-ng To US’ will play from 9am to midday and singer, Christelle Nativel will perform from midday to close.
STALLS AT LA BELLE VIE FRENCH MARKET
French products for yourself and for others
- A French Affair – tea towels and tablecloths
- Au Revoir Les Filles – Parisian-style jewellery
- Beju – hand crafted European jewellery
- Big on Hats – wide-brimmed French hats and the iconic beret
- Canal Plus – French cable TV
- Decathlon – French sportswear
- France at Home – your French supermarket online in Australia
- French Cargo – diffusers, scents, body lotions, décor items, linens, jewellery, scarves and so much more
- Fora Studios – unique and sustainable products for the modern garden, home and craft lover
- Funked Up Eclectic Treasures – french/vintage inspired and funked up treasures
- Holala Paris – French Homewares, designed in Australia and handmade in France
- Janneys Vinney vintage
- Jan Roach vintage
- Kalaf Artwork – epoxy resin serving boards, serving knives, kitchen utensils, coasters and wall art
- La Brocante’ with Kathy Finch – pre-loved, vintage, retro and collectable pieces
- Le Van du Livre – French books
- May Clementson vintage – French homewares
- Mo Resin – jewellery with artistic designs embedded with materials such as Dutch Gold and Silver leaf into epoxy resin
- Mrs Flowers – flowers straight from the Sydney Flower Markets to La Belle Vie French Market
- Oatley Bay Candles
- Pottery by Pottier – pottery and artworks
- 2nd Vie (previously Just Swiss by Chris) – sustainable items hand made using fabric sourced from local business or from charities: car tidies, cutlery holders, lavender bags that can be used and re-used around the house, out and about, in the car, or just for decoration.
- Secrets of Eden – pretty flower crowns and headbands for the princesses in your life, and unique Macrame creations
- Toothless – hand-made tooth fairy pillows
- Whitelaw & Newton Decoupage Trays
Food & Drink stalls
- Alexander Roastery – coffee
- Baguette Brothers
- Bella Icecream Van & Jumping Castles
- Byron Bay Olive Co – Marinated olives, sweet garlic, extra-virgin olive oil and tapenade amongst other delicacies
- Carne/Ash Rotisserie – rotisserie chicken and porchetta, roast potatoes
- Cheese on Wheels
- Choux Patisserie – beautiful éclairs
- Citrus and Sugar – lemonade and delicious juices made from all real fruit, nothing artificial and no preservatives.
- Crepe de France
- Fils de Pomme – French botanical organic cider
- Frenchies Bistro and Brewery – French style beers made for Aussies
- Frencheese – raclette
- French Oven – fine French pastry made my hand and not by machine
- Great Southern mead & honey – honey fresh from the hive
- Jeerys Tacos
- La Bastide – charcuterie
- La Bonne Crepe
- La Bonne Fromagerie – cheeses
- La Gitana – paella
- Le BBQ
- Le Saucier – home-made pasta, pasta sauces and fine finishing sauces
- Le Secret Wines – French wines, characteristic of their region and from small family owned vineyards
- Les Petits Gars
- Madame Madeleine – Madeleines in original flavours including lemon butter, French Earl Gray, matcha, caramelised honey.
- Madleine Bakery – freshly baked madeleines
- Pistou – traditional French deli foods
- Sacre Bleu! (Caneles and Co)
- Stephs Gourmet Foods
- The Original Smoke & Spice Company – herb and spice mixes
- Tonton Bread – bread and pastries
- Wendy’s Crafts – jam, marmalade & relish
- Citroen Car Club
- FASS Book stall
- Meccano Modellers Association
- Taren Point Public School Enviro stall
Want to participate in a future edition of La Belle Vie French market?
Contact Anyes McLean via email at [email protected]. Stalls must have a French connection, to ensure the authenticity of the market.
KEY INFO FOR LA BELLE VIE FRENCH MARKET
WHAT: La Belle Vie French Market
WHEN: Sunday 1 May 9am to 3pm
WHERE: Taren Point Public School,
HOW MUCH: Entry by coin donation at the gate – all proceeds assist the learning programs at Taren Point Public School
For other events with French links check out our what’s on in April article (the what’s on in May will be online this Sunday).