After a hiatus due to COVID, the Swiss Festival 2022 is back. It has a long tradition amongst the Swiss community in Melbourne and surrounds, celebrating classic Swiss Culture. Read on to find out more about what you can expect at Swiss Festival 2022 in Main Ridge, Victoria this weekend.
The Swiss Festival 2022 will have varied entertainment all day long from Swiss Yodel Choir Matterhorn performing twice, to accordionist John Kalkbrenner, and French and Italian music from Floyd Thursby. Manuela Erb, Honorary Consul of Switzerland will also give a speech.
There are activities, games and face painting for kids and the popular scavenger hunt is back this year with a cheese and chocolate theme. Plus, dog lovers will be delighted by the Bernese Mountain dogs on show.
Swiss Festival 2022 stalls
There will be stalls selling Swiss foods, drinks and products. The stallholders at Swiss Festival 2022 are:
- Archibald Douglas Merchant – jewellery
- Marianne Bishop – hand made goods
- Pig & Whistle Tavern – bar and toasties
- Pookie May coffee and tea
- Pain et chocolat – artisan chocolate
- Swiss Festival t-shirt stall with custom printed t-shirts
- Switzerland Tourism – festival sponsor stall
- Stratbogie Estate – wine tasting and sale
- Swiss Festival committee – Swiss second-hand products
- Wursthette – sausages and deli goods
Swiss Festival 2022 Raffle
The Raffle returns with an impressive array of prizes to be won. Tickets are $10. The prizes are:
1st Prize ($5,150.00)
– 2 x First class Swiss Travel Pass for 8 days*
– 1 night accommodation in 4* hotel in Luzern area incl. breakfast for 2 people*
– 2 hour regular guided tour in Luzern*
– 2 x Return tickets Mount Pilatus*
– 2 x Return tickets Mount Titlis incl. IceFlyer*
– 2 nights accommodation incl. breakfast in 4* hotels in Interlaken*
– 2 x First class Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days in Interlaken area*
– 2 x First class return tickets from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe*
– 1 x Victorinox Hiking Backpack
– 2 x Victorinox Swiss Army Knives – Cadet Swiss Spirit Limited Edition 2022
(*taxes and fees are not included and must be paid separately, all valid until 31-Dec-2023)
2nd Prize ($2,141.00)
– 1 x Jura ENA8 – Fully automatic coffee machine’ incl. glass milk jug
3rd Prize ($510.00)
– 1 x ON Shoe Voucher from Sports Conscious
– 1 x Swatch Watch
4th Prize ($379.00)
– 1 x ON Shoe digital card voucher
– 1 x Victorinox Swiss Army Knife – Cadet Swiss Spirit Limited Edition 2022
5th Prize ($250.00)
– 1 x Lindt Chocolate Hamper
– 1 x Magnum wine bottle from Strathbogie Estate
You can purchase your tickets to the raffle via this link. You don’t have to be present at the festival when the raffle is drawn to be a winner.
KEY INFO FOR SWISS FESTIVAL 2022
WHAT: a festival celebrating Swiss culture
WHEN: Saturday 1 October 10am to 5pm
WHERE: The Pig & Whistle Tavern Main Ridge
HOW: Purchase your ticket online via this link
HOW MUCH: $10 for adults; those under 18 enter free.
What’s your favourite part of Swiss culture?