Marking 10 years since its first festival in 2012, Bastille Festival Sydney is back with its Food, Wine & Art Revolution in the heart of Sydney. A French-inspired winter Festival bringing the best food, wine and art to the Customs House forecourt. They’re calling it a “A Feast’ival – a culinary journey to France without the jetlag”.
Here’s some of what you’ll find at Bastille Festival Sydney:
- The Parisian Foodie Village (located in front of Customs House): over 70 food stalls selling traditional French foodie treats, such as raclette and fondue from the Alps, choucroute and flammkuchen from the East of France, crepes and cheeses from Normandy as well as saucisson, fresh baguettes, soups, croque-monsieur and more!
- Chef Village (next to the Museum of Contemporary Art) – the main entertainment stage -speciality dishes with a French fusion from a selection of Bastille Festival Sydney’s favourite restaurants – think Camembert Arancini, Creamy mushrooms Gnocchi, French Paella, Churros with French Jams and so much more. 30 recipes have been created exclusively for the Bastille Festival Sydney!
- Watch Tefal chefs prepare their take on French dishes masterclasses: Justine Schofield with her take on the snails bourguignon or Jason Roberts prepare a unique Soupe à l’oignon (onion soup)… and even better, you will also taste it! https://bastillefestival.com.au/tefal-chef-village/
- Free hands-on cooking sessions – try your hand at crepe making (bookings required: https://bastillefestival.com.au/tefal-chef-village/ )
- A wine walk of 8 wine regions across 8 les bars à vin (wine bars) – travel through the wines from Bordeaux, Bourgogne and Provence wines, while strolling from Circular Quay to the Rocks. Book your Bastille Festival Wine Walk here: https://bastillefestival.com.au/product/bastille-wine-walk/
- Mulled wine chalets – warm up with a delicious glass of vin chaud – delicious spiced wine beverage full of cinnamon, star anise and cloves.
- French craft beers – if wine isn’t your thing (or even if it is), you can try French craft beers at First Fleet Park.
- Wine & Cheese Feast – a 2 hour Sommelier led journey through France’s finest wine and cheese regions hosted in a private house in The Rocks. Book your feast here: https://bastillefestival.com.au/french-wine-cheese-feast-bastille-festival/
KEY INFO ABOUT BASTILLE FESTIVAL SYDNEY
WHAT: Bastille Festival Sydney
WHERE: Customs House forecourt and Loftus street, SYDNEY
WHEN: Four days and nights to indulge
- Thursday 14th of July : 12pm – 10pm
- Friday 15th of July : 10am – 11pm
- Saturday 16th of July : 10am – 11pm.
- Sunday 17th of July : 10am – 8pm
HOW: Just show up (except if you want to attend the masterclasses or ticketed experiences, in which case, purchase your ticket via the Bastille Festival Sydney website: https://bastillefestival.com.au/
HOW MUCH: Entry is free except for the ticketed experiences
Will you be attending Bastille Festival Sydney?
For other ways to celebrate Bastille Day 2022 around Australia, click here.