Calling all lovers of French culture, music, gastronomy, and style: tickets are now on sale for the So Frenchy So Chic 2024, which promises to be its biggest and most vibrant program to date.
For over a decade, SFSC (as it’s affectionately known) has been connecting France and Australia through an annual day-long celebration of the joie de vie, featuring contemporary French music, culinary delights, fashion, conviviality, and, of course, plenty of champagne. For everything you need to know about this must-attend event, read on.
So Frenchy So Chic 2024: a celebration of French culture
So Frenchy So Chic is more than just a music festival; it’s a full immersion into the French way of life. In 2024, the festival returns to the historic Werribee Park Mansion in Melbourne, and welcomes a new venue at Centennial Park, Sydney where the party continues. It’s a chance to be your chicest self in a relaxed and convivial setting suitable for all ages (kids under 12 get in for free!) Here, you can immerse yourself in the best of French culture without the need for a plane ticket.
So Frenchy So Chic 2024’s stellar lineup
The beating heart of So Frenchy So Chic 2024 lies in its extraordinary lineup of artists, a diverse ensemble poised to offer a captivating musical experience that will resonate with every festival-goer. These are the artists announced today:
- La Femme: Captivating French psych-rock sensation, La Femme has spent over a decade mesmerizing global audiences with their cinematic soundscapes. Under the creative leadership of Marlon Magnée and Sacha Got, they’ve amassed numerous gold records, including the French equivalent of a Grammy for their 2013 debut album, “Psycho Tropical Berlin“.
Having embarked on extensive tours, including sharing the stage with the Red Hot Chili Peppers in 2016, they are currently concluding a nearly sold-out tour spanning more than 140 dates across 25 countries. At SFSC 2024, they will present a “best of” repertoire guaranteed to leave the audience in awe.
- Kill The Pain: Combining the formidable talents of two remarkable chanteuses, Kill The Pain is the dynamic duo of Australian singer-songwriter Phoebe Killdeer and French vocalist Mélanie Pain, known for her work with Nouvelle Vague.
Their 2023 self-titled debut album is a thrilling showcase of their diverse abilities, encompassing indie rock with swagger, jangly psych-pop, and soulful electropop with a steely edge. With infectious guitar riffs and seductive percussion, Killdeer and Pain’s smoky voices and delightful chemistry promise to set the stage ablaze with their sonic brilliance.
- Laure Briard: Enigmatic Gallic singer-songwriter, Laure Briard has recently released her most optimistic album. Entitled “Ne pas trop rester bleue“, it was inspired by her sojourns in California’s Joshua Tree. Her interpretation of country music is gentle, idiosyncratic, and romantic, infused with touches of psychedelia and soul.
Drawing comparisons to iconic artists such as Françoise Hardy, Cate Le Bon, and Aldous Harding, Briard’s music offers a sun-soaked, dreamy soundscape, invoking a sense of wanderlust and nostalgia. You may remember her song “Sur la piste de danse” from the 2017 SFSC compilation.
- Malo’: Born to a French musician father, the effervescent singer-songwriter Malo’ brings a vibrant blend of influences to the SFSC stage. A fan of French legends like Serge Gainsbourg, he visited Australia as a teenager and fell in love with Australian indie sensation Angus and Julia Stone. Malo’ embodies a harmonious fusion of musical worlds. A full-circle moment occurred when Julia Stone featured on Malo’s “Pause” EP last year, which showcases elements of gospel, Motown, rock, soul, and pop.
His recent track, “Laisse-toi tranquille“, enjoyed significant airplay on French radio, and his sunny energy promises to be a delightful addition to SFSC 2024.
The 2024 lineup promises to be the festival’s biggest yet with more exciting artist announcements in the pipeline for 1 December.
Gastronomic Delights at So Frenchy So Chic 2024
Prepare your taste buds for a gastronomic journey like no other. So Frenchy So Chic 2024 will feature Melbourne and Sydney’s finest dining establishments, including Frédéric, Hotel Gitan, Loulou, and Bouillon Entrecôte.
Indulge in a curated selection of French classics, from duck liver parfait to oysters and mussels, from steak frites sandwiches and croque monsieur to ratatouille. For the sweet tooths, choose from brioches, crepes, chocolate eclairs, and macarons. As always, you can pre-order cheese and charcuterie platters.
Don’t forget to pair your culinary adventure with a sommelier-curated collection of French and local wines, cocktails, and Champagne from Lanson, one of France’s oldest champagne houses.
Activities & workshops at So Frenchy So Chic 2024
So Frenchy So Chic 2024 sees the addition of new activities and workshops au programme for all attendees to enjoy. Explore the world of wines with Melbourne icon France-Soir’s ex-sommelier, discover the art of ceramics in a hands-on studio experience, or compete in a grand pétanque tournament with fantastique prizes. For les petits, there will be arts and crafts, face painting, magic and mime classes, and an introduction to music.
Even better, all of these workshops and activities are included in your general admission ticket. Plus, there are more surprises to be announced on 1 December 2023.
Celebrate fashion & style at So Frenchy So Chic 2024
So Frenchy So Chic isn’t just about music and food; it’s also about style. Embrace Parisian elegance and sophistication with your outfit, and you might just catch the eye of the roaming festival photographer. The top three best-dressed individuals will each win a Lanson Black Label Champagne Brut Magnum 1.5L!
Don’t miss your chance to experience the magic of France right without leaving Australia. So Frenchy So Chic 2024 promises an unforgettable day filled with music, food, fashion, and culture that will transport you to the enchanting streets of France. Grab your tickets, put on your chicest outfit, and get ready for a day of joie de vivre!
KEY INFO FOR SO FRENCHY SO CHIC 2024
WHAT: A celebration of French music, food and culture
WHERE & WHEN:
Melbourne: Sunday, January 14, 2024, 11:15 AM to 8:00 PM at Werribee Park Mansion
Sydney: Saturday, January 20, 2024, 1:00 PM to 9:30 PM at Centennial Park
HOW: Purchase your tickets via the SFSC website
HOW MUCH: Ticket prices (exclusive of booking fee) are as follows:
- Limited Early Bird Tickets: $75
- Group Ticket (Buy 6 for the Price of 5): $62.50 per person
- Kid’s Tickets: Free entry for kids under 12 years
- Student Tickets: $65
- Teenager Tickets: $25
- Premiere Pique Nique – Group Tickets for 10: $199 per person (includes a table with picnic décor, champagne, charcuterie and cheese hampers, and prime location)