The organisers behind Melbourne and Sydney’s favourite French music festival, So Frenchy So Chic, are organising a party named So Frenchy So Discothèque. Whereas So Frenchy So Chic is a family affair, this is strictly for the adults.
Held at the Meat Market in North Melbourne, So Frenchy So Discothèque is a night of decadence, delicacy and dancing. On the music front, So Frenchy So Chic DJs will be playing everything from ‘60s Yéyé to ‘80s French Disco to ‘90s French Touch. A live performance will also be given by Ali Barter who has recorded on YÉYÉ 2.0.
So Frenchy So Discothèque will delight you with six hours of music, champagne, dancers, mirror balls, cocktails, bistronomy, glitter atelier, and arts performances. Be inspired by the styles of Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg and dress for 60s/70s disco. Think sequins and grinding for dance floor maximalism, tuxedos for him and her, late ’60’s minis, 70’s maxis, lace, bell-bottoms, double denim and bold, daring accessories.
FOOD AT SO FRENCHY SO DISCOTHÈQUE
Dine on French delicacies from Hotel Gitan, Frédéric, and Milk the Cow
- Boeuf bourguignon – Red wine braised beef, onion, bacon, mushrooms, pomme mousseline.
- Charcuterie – Serrano jamon, pork rillette, Lonza, Capocollo, cornichons pickled red onion.
- Panisse – Chickpea panisse, roasted cauliflower, mix nut dressing.
- Waffle Suzette – served with Brandy Custard.
- Bouillabaisse – Crustacean, mussels, cod, mouillettes, sauce rouille.
MILK THE COW
- Kaas Mit Wein Zu Kochen Individual Fondue – Milk the Cow’s take on a Classic Fondue from the French-Swiss alpine region with Swiss Gruyere, Appenzeller, Comté & Emmenthal cheeses melted together along with a good dose of white wine, served with bread.
- All French Cheesebox – Three French cheeses with lavosh and quince, including 50g each of Fourme D’Ambert, Marcel Petit Comté and Brillat-Savarin in our signature Milk the Cow cheesebox.
These are available to pre-order via the ticketing website (info below).
VIP EXPERIENCE AT SO FRENCHY SO DISCOTHÈQUE
Get behind the velvet rope at So Frenchy So Discothèque and book your own exclusive styled area for 10 or 15 friends. Expect nothing but decadence, with chic décor, champagne, cheese, charcuterie, oyster platters and entertainment.
KEY INFO FOR SO FRENCHY SO DISCOTHÈQUE
WHAT: So Frenchy So Discothèque
WHEN: 5pm-11pm Saturday 9 July 2022
WHERE: Meat Market, 3 Blackwood St, North Melbourne
HOW: Purchase your tickets via this website: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/so-frenchy-so-chic-bastille-day-soiree-tickets-145802580443
HOW MUCH: General Admission tickets are $55 and VIP tickets for groups of 10 or 15 are $149.90 per person.
What song would you like to dance to at So Frenchy So Discothèque?
Discover other events with French links in What’s on in June