This Saturday 22 December, Rose Bay will be transformed into a little piece of France thanks to an all new Rosé wine festival aptly named – Rosé Bay. A perfect way to catch up with friends before Christmas next week.
What you can expect at Rosé Bay:
- over 30 rosé wines on offer for tasting from France and Australia;
- the opportunity to meet and speak with the passionate wine growers and importers behind the labels
- Laurent Perrier named Champagne Bar Provider showcasing its unique Cuvée Rosé;
- French wines for tasting include:
- AIX Rosé, and
- Chateau Les Mesclances;
- Australian offering includes:
- Hunter Valley based Vinden Estate (5 stars James Halliday, 2018),
- Pierre D’Amour Rosé from Calabria Family Wines (an award-winning rosé styled with a healing Rose Quartz Crystal);
- Rozina Rosé from Mad Hatters Winery; and
- Vinden Estate’s unique sparkle with a rarely grown varietal – Alicante Bouchet Sparkling.
- Fizz Fella’s Prosecco vans serving their signature Sparking Rosé;
- Specialist food providers, including:
- Australia’s Oyster Coast Appellation Oysters complete with tasting notes from Rose Bay’s Sydney Seaplanes & Empire Lounge – flown in especially for the occasion;
- Paris-grade Baguettes from French favourite Surry Hills based Lavie & Belle Bakery;
- Saucisson from La Bastide’s which has been named “the most authentic saucisson in the country”;
- select French cheeses from Penny’s Cheese shop; and
- quiche from Delice de Paris.
- Men’s summer fashion with menswear label MJ Bale supporting its Brosé fans with an exceptional collection of Rosé coloured jackets;
- Pop up market stalls, boutique enclosure and live music complete harbour side vibe; and
- A harbour side location of Woollahra Sailing Club – specifically chosen to evoke the feeling of France’s Côte D’Azur which is synonymous with rosé – considered to be the oldest form of wine known to man
When: Saturday, December 22
Where: Woollahra Sailing Club, Rose Bay
Tickets: $40 for tasting glass, 5 x tastings and access to the harbourside enclosure with live music.
Discount: The kind people at Rosé Bay have given Matilda Marseillaise readers a discount code. Use the code “Rose20” to get 20% off your ticket!