We are in the final week of the Tour de France 2020 and a number of businesses around Australia have Tour de France themed offers which you’ll find below. But these offers end this week so get on your bike!
TOUR DE FRANCE 2020 WINE OFFERS
ONLINE WINE TASTING
French Australian Chamber of Commerce (FACCI) – Thursday 17 September
Wine tasting and sommelier experience by Michel Chapoutier himself (live from France), Tour de France stories by Gabriel Gaté and Christophe Mallet. They will also have the exclusive participation of Anna Meares the most decorated female track cyclist of all time. And of course… lots of prizes to win during the live from FACCI’s ovely sponsors Avène, Groupe SEB, L’Occitane and Le Creuset in the spirit of the “Caravane du tour”.
Each registrant will have the pleasure to receive a box, worth $99, containing one of each of the following bottle of FACCI sponsor M. Chapoutier *:
- 2017 IGP Collines Rhodaniennes ‘La Combe Pilate’
- 2019 Cotes de Provence, Roumery Rose
- 2018 Cotes du Roussillon Villages, ‘l’Esquerada’
Six lucky participants will have the chance to win some lovely surprises:
- A Solar hamper bag from FACCI sponsor Avène
- A hamper bag from L’Occitane filled with lovely products from the brand.
- A copy of ‘Now’, the amazing autobiographical book of Anna Meares.
- A Tefal Optigrill Elite Smart Grill from Groupe SEB.
- A Le Creuset Set of four red wine glasses
- A Le Creuset Set which includes a set of four Stoneware Pasta Bowls in the new colour Fig as well as a set of four wine glasses.
TOUR DE FRANCE WINE PACKS: DELIVERY AUSTRALIA-WIDE
Two French wine importers have designed Tour de France themed wine packs.
Airoldi Fine Wines
DISCOUNT: Use the code Marseillaise for a 20% discount on all of your orders from Airoldi Fine Wines.
Airoldi Fine Wines has three different Tour de France packs on offer, named after each week of the Tour.
In the Week One pack you’ll find:
- Mas d’Espanet ‘Eolienne Blanc’ (Picpoul, Grenache Blanc, Viognier), Languedoc
- Château Simone Blanc (Clairette, Bourboulenc, Grenache Blanc, etc…), AOC Palette
- Château Minuty Rosé & Or (Grenache, Cinsault, Tibouren), Côtes de Provence
- Domaine de Viranel “Arômes Sauvages” (Alicante-Bouschet), Languedoc
- Domaine Guillaume Armand G. de Sommières, (Carignan, Cinsault, Syrah) Languedoc
- Château Simone Rouge (Grenache, Syrah, Cinsault, Carignan, etc…), AOC Palette, Provence
Price: $245 and free delivery. Purchase it here https://www.airoldifinewines.com.au/product/tour-de-france-stage-week-1-pack/
The Week 2 pack contains:
- NV Domaine Jean-Perrier & Fils Crémant de Savoie (Chardonnay, Jacquère) 750ml
- 2014 Château Lespault-Martillac (Semillon-Sauvignon), Bordeaux 750ml
- 2018 Pépé’s Béret Sauvignon Blanc, Gascony 750ml
- 2017 Domaine Jean-Perrier & Fils Roussette de Savoie (Altesse) 750ml
- 2016 Château La Reyne “Préstige” (Malbec), Cahors 750ml
- 2015 Château Fourcas-Hosten (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot), Bordeaux 750ml
Price: $195 with free delivery. Purchase the week 2 pack here:
The week 3 pack is comprised of:
- NV Champagne Le Brun de Neuville Authentique Blanc de Blanc (Chardonnay) 750ml
- NV Champagne Le Brun de Neuville Authentique Assemblage (Chardonnay – Pinot Noir) 750ml
- 2016 La Manufacture Chablis (Chardonnay) 750ml
- 2017 La Manufacture Bourgogne Rouge (Pinot Noir) 750ml
- 2017 Domaine Capuano-Ferreri Chassagne-Montrachet “Cuvée Préstige” (Chardonnay) 750ml
- 2017 Domaine Michel Noëllat Morey St-Denis (Pinot Noir) 750ml
Price: $399 with free delivery. Purchase the week 3 pack here:
We previously told you all about the DiscoverVin Taste the Tour pack here.
For $199 instead of their usual retail of $251.50, you will receive 6 wines and champagne from the Tour de France regions: Champagne, Bordeaux, Beaujolais, Bergerac, Fronton, and Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh.
In DiscoverVin’s Taste the Tour pack you will find:
- Achille Princier Grande Reserve Champagne NV
- Château Beychevelle Grand Bateau blanc 2014
- Lupé-Cholet Domaine du Bois des Chênes Beaujolais-Villages 2017
- Tour des Gendres, Le Classique Rouge 2014 Biodynamic
- Château Bouissel, Le Bouissel 2011 Organic
- Collection Plaimont Pacherenc du Vic-Bilh 2014 (500mls)*
*This bottle can be swapped out for a bottle of Grand Bateau or Beaujolais – just make a note of your preference in the “Message” section at the checkout.
Purchase your DiscoverVin Taste the Tour pack here https://discovervin.com.au/shop/item/taste-the-tour-6-pack-2020
TOUR DE FRANCE 2020 FOOD OFFERS
For the final week of the Tour de France, Chef Jacques Reymond has curated a very special menu to represent the best of the Alps .
Hamper is available in two sizes:
- Couples Hamper serves two $125
- Family Hamper serves four $200
Raclette cheese (GF)
Charcuterie, steamed potatoes, condiments
Carré d’ agneau de printemps (GF)
Lamb rack, sweet garlic, mountain herbs, black pepper, asparagus
Stuffed savoy cabbage leaves with pork, beef, smoked ham, sweated onion, garlic, egg, white bread, served with its braising liquids and vegetables
SIDE: Rémoulade de truite fumée de rivière (GF)
Smoked rainbow trout, red endives, baby cos lettuce, celeriac rémoulade, comté, capers, chive dressing
Flan Mont Blanc (GF)
Chestnuts and praline, vanilla Chantilly
The hamper is only available to order until 5pm today, Monday 14th September for pick up or contactless delivery only on Thursday 17th September. Deliveries available to a number of area codes.
You can order hamper (today only) by following the link (https://gitan.com.au/hamper-takeaway/).
This week, Bon Ap’ has put together a menu you could easily have enjoyed in a little corner bistro in Paris before going to the theatre.
From a culinary perspective, Parisian food with its many restaurants offers traditional French foods from all over France.
Menu du jour
Stage 4 – Paris & the Champs Elysées
“Free Bon ap dark chocolate, sea salt & almond tablet with the following order: ”
entrée + main + cheese $46
main + cheese + dessert $46
entrée + main + cheese + dessert $56
Oeuf mimosa, pomme a l’huile, petite salade
devilled egg & potatoes bathed in a gentle vinaigrette
Entrecôte, poêle de haricot vert aux échalotes et champignons de Paris, 1941 Cafe de Paris Butter
Pre-grilled Porterhouse steak, sauteed green beans with shallots and button mushrooms, 1941 Cafe de Paris Butter
“Created by Freddy Dumont in 1941 and served in the restaurant Cafe de Paris this herb / spice butter was an instant success. So much that it was almost impossible to get into the restaurant for years”
Brie de Meaux, confiture de cerise noire, croutons
Double cream Brie, black cherry jam, crackers
Tarte Bourdaloue, sirop vin rouge & 5 epices
Traditional Almond cream & poached pear tart, red wine & 5 spices syrup
Pre-order your dish by Wednesday 16th of September (included) for a Friday, Saturday or Sunday pickup or home delivery.
Those dishes can be picked up early during the day and warmed up at home!
To order your Parisian Bistro themed Tour de France meal. simply follow the following link https://orders.wowapps.com/order/bonappetitbistro?src=link
Delivery 20km radius from Melbourne
Gateaux by Marc Frissard
Each weekend of the Tour de France, Gateaux by Marc Frissard has been selling a special French treat from the region the cyclists are passing through. For the final week of the tour, it’s Paris and on Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 September, Marc Frissard will be selling chouquettes.
Follow the Tour de France with your tastebuds at Bistro Rex.
Each of the five main regions of 2020 Tour de France have been represented with a dish, created by Bistro Rex’s co-head chefs Jo Ward & Matt Green. Matched with a glass of wine from the same region, selected by its sommelier.
For this final week of the Tour, Bistro Rex brings you two different special dishes.
September 14-17 – The Alps
Comte custard truffles wild mushrooms $24
2012 Jean Bourdy Chardonnay $22
September 18-19- Paris
Seared scallops champagne sabayon finger limes $5.5ea
NV Perrier Jouet Grand Brut $25
Grand Colombier cocktail: drink up!
Bistro Rex has also created a cocktail which is available throughout the Tour de France.
Toast the race during your visit to Bistro Rex with a Grand Colombier cocktail. It may be named after one of the most challenging climbs on the tour, but they assure you it’s an easy elixir to throw back. With passionfruit and yellow chartreuse this cocktail is a welcome start to a lovely long dining experience – No leg cramps guaranteed!
Bistro St Jacques
Bistro St Jacques is continuing its 3 Course, à la carte offer: any entree + main + dessert for $65.00.
The à la carte menu includes regional dishes.
They will also have dry Aged, Lowline Hereford heritage beef specials and have a beautiful organic Champagne by Nathalie Falmet by the glass for $22.00.
Have you been watching the Tour de France 2020?