You can’t have a French Christmas without the French traditional log cake: the Bûche de Noël. We have found places around Australia that are making them and let you know all about where to find them and what flavours they come in below.
– – – –
LES DEUX COQS
Adelaide Central Market’s Les Deux Coqs will have one flavour for the Bûche de Noël in 2019: hazelnut.
The price is to be confirmed.
Orders to be made by 21 December.
Mulot’s is again doing the Bûche de Noël in 2019 as well the bûche glacée.
Sizes are available from 2 serves up to 20 serves and the price depends on the size.
Sucre Patisserie has 3 Large Bûche de Noël available for order for Christmas Eve collection (cut off date for orders is the 19th December)
- Black Forest – $78.00, serves 12-16 (available in mini – $8.75ea)
- Rhubarb & Custard – $78.00, serves 12-16 (available in mini – $8.75ea)
- Chestnut & Gingerbread – $82.00, serves 12-16 (only available in large size)
Chouquette has three different Bûche de Noel in 2019:
- The Rustic Bûche: Biscuit moelleux almond, house made praliné buttercream, crumble
- The Temptation Bûche: vanilla crème brûlée vanilla, salted caramel, chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse, almond crisp
- The Caribbean Bûche: exotic cremeux, poached pineapple and mango, vanilla choc mousse, coconut and almond crisp
These serve 6 people (or 4 really hungry ones)
KING STREET BAKERY
- Bûche de Noêl (4 guests) for $40– Only 50 available https://kingstbakery.com.au/?product=buche-de-noel-4-guests-limited-edition-pick-up-only-copy
- Bûche de Noêl 6 guests) for $60– Only 100 available. https://kingstbakery.com.au/?product=buche-de-noel-6-guests-limited-edition-pick-up-only
Orders must be received and paid for by Friday 21 December.
Orders must be collected from the bakery at 20 King Street, Bowen Hills on Monday 23rd, or Tuesday 24th December between 8am-12pm.
Le Caprice is doing 2 Bûches de Noël in 2019:
- 3 Chocolate & Praline
- Raspberry & Passion fruit
They are available in 2 sizes:
- 4/6 people $45
- 6/10 people $60
Available now. Last order on the 18th of December.
CHOUKETTE FINE PASTRIES
The Bûches de Noel from Choukette are available in the following flavours in 2019:
- Chocolate (sponge cake and butter cream)
- Praline (sponge cake and butter cream)
- Almond biscuit, Fresh raspberries, Champagne bavaroise, Raspberry coulis (mousse Bûche)
They come in these sizes:
- individual size: $7.40
- 4/6 people: $32
- 8/10 people: $49
There are two flavours for the Bûche de Noël in 2019 :
- Triple Chocolate
And it comes in two sizes:
- Medium for $49; and
- Large for $69
FRANCOIS ARTISAN BAKER
Francois proposes four flavours of the Bûche de Noël in 2019:
- Chocolate: chocolate sponge filled with chocolate mousse then covered with chocolate butter cream
- Hazelnut: Vanilla sponge filled and finished with hazelnut buttercream
- Black Forest: Chocolate sponge filled with fresh cream, sour cherries and a light kirsch flavour. Filled with a rich chocolate ganache
- Lemon meringue: Vanilla sponge filled with lemon curd and covered with meringue
These are available in 3 sizes:
- Small (serves 4-6): $42
- Medium (serves 8): $54
- Large (serves 12): $70
Pre-order for pick-up on Christmas Eve.
GATEAUX BY MARC FRISSARD HAMPTON
There are 3 flavours for the Bûche de Noël in 2019 and they cost $75 each:
- Bassam (Gluten Free): Chocolate daquoise, raspberries, dark chocolate mousse and chocolate mirror glaze
- Linda: Caramel crunch, chocolate dacquoise, milk chocolate chantilly and milk chocolate glaze
- Bon Bon: Vanilla and lemon sponge, vanilla and lemon light cream and berry coulis
You can see more images and see other creations by Gateaux by Marc Frissard at https://www.facebook.com/Gateaux-By-Marc-Frissard-165226103511019 and www.instagram.com/gateauxbymf
They are open on 25 December for order collections only from 7am to 9am.
The Bûche de Noël in 2019 is a hazelnut sponge, chocolate buttercream, raspberries, gianduja Chantilly enrobed in hazelnut chocolate
Size: 10 people
The Bûche de Noël is available to pre-order from now til the 14th December. Last pick-up on the 23rd of December.
THE FRENCH LETTUCE
The French Lettuce has a 25cm long Bûche de Noël which serves 10-12 people for $65.00
Flavour – chocolate & cherry
4 days’ notice is required.
MAISON SAINT HONORE & FRENCH SWEET
Maison Saint Honore and French sweet have a few different products for Christmas.
There are two different varieties of Bûche de Noël in 2019:
- salted caramel praline & choc mousse
- raspberry & milk chocolate roulé
These cost $65 to serve about 12 people.
You can order at www.frenchsweet.com.au for delivery or pick up at Maison Saint Honore.
They are also doing a limited edition Christmas macaron in Black Forest (dark chocolate & cherries).
And you could also indulge in the French Breakfast box for $50.
There are three versions of the Bûche de Noël in 2019 available
- Christmas Mouse Log – Almond Nougat, Vanilla + Chocolate 6-8 $56.00
- Christmas Sponge Log – Lemon Meringue 6-8 $52.00
- Christmas Sponge Log – Chocolate + Raspberry 6-8 $48.00
All for pick up anywhere up to Christmas Eve (11am at the latest).
CAFÉ DOUCE FRANCE
Café Douce France has three different Bûche de Noël in 2019:
- 3 chocolates : white, milk and dark chocolates mousse, caramel & hazelnut crusty, cocoa biscuit
- Exotic : tropical fruit mousse, chocolate curd, coconut dacquoise biscuit
- White forest : vanilla bavaroise, cherry curd, amarena, madeleine biscuit
These also come in a variety of sizes and prices:
- 4 people: $34
- 6 people: $48
- 8 people: $56
You can pre-order at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coffeefrenchDouceFrance
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/doucefrance_pottspoint
- Email: [email protected]; and
- In-store: 7 Darlinghurst road – 2011 Potts Point
La Boulangerie has three different Bûche de Noël in 2019 :
- Chocolate mousse log
- Lemon and cherry mousse
- Hazelnut buttercream (also available in chocolate).
These each cost $69.
La Renaissance will have two different Bûche de Noël available at both of its Sydney stores.
Bûche de Noël – Traditional Chocolate
Rolled chocolate pain de genes sponge with 62% chocolate mousse inside, and piped with chocolate ganache and buttercream to finish. Christmas decorations and a dusting of edible shimmer complete this most festive of cakes.
Bûche de Noël – Raspberry & Passionfruit
Raspberry mousse encasing a passionfruit cremeux and pain de genes sponge centre, with crunchy almond nougatine and decorated with macaron shells and white chocolate pieces. The Raspberry & Passionfruit Buche is fresh, creamy and tangy, with a beautiful glossy red finish that will brighten any Christmas table.
Both are available in three sizes:
- Small (serves 4-6) – $42
- Medium (serves 6-8) – $58
- Large (serves 8-10) – $69
Orders can be made via La Renaissance website https://larenaissance.com.au/collections/christmas for collection at the shop at either Waterloo or The Rocks.
LE BRETON PATISSERIE
Le Breton has six different flavours for the Bûche de Noël in 2019:
- Chocolat moelleux,
- Ganache grand marnier,
- Chocolat Ganache fresh Raspberries cream center ,
- Coffee Moka ,
- Hazelnut ,
- Black forest
And in the following sizes:
- Small 6 people $32.00
- Medium 10 people $48.00
- Large 16 people $58.00.
What’s your favourite Bûche de Noël flavour?