Yesterday we celebrated our 5th birthday! Can you believe it? So we thought it fitting to look back but not just over the last year, but all of our years. Read on to find out what we’ve done in the last 5 years!
We’ve published 684 articles across topics from food and wine to festivals to national holidays and interviews with French and francophone people living in Australia as well as those touring the country for performances across various sectors of the arts.
In our 5 years, we’ve published 146 interviews ! Our most popular interview was with Canadian Brent Ray Fraser known as The Naked Artist who has appeared on France’s version of “has got talent” ahead of his live painting performance at Adelaide Cabaret Festival.
Most popular articles
Our top 5 most read articles are:
- our what’s on of French and francophone events around Australia but also online (particularly during COVID lockdowns). We’ve published the What’s on since March 2018 – that’s 54 months we’ve searched high and low to let you know about events to fill your agenda – see this month’s what’s on here
- where to find the Galette des Rois in Australia each year (because you’re hungry for it and we were the first to tell you where to find it in Australia!
- where to find the Bûche de Noël in Australia
- where to celebrate Bastille Day in Australia
- Le Marché Willoughby – a bimonthly French market in North Sydney
We’ve told you about 51 festivals from French festivals through to wider arts festivals and festivals celebrating champagne.
We’ve shared 21 different wine days with you from well-known champagne through to the lesser known Carménère, Chenin and Carignan. We’ve told you where you can get your hands on the Beaujolais Nouveau each year that it’s been possible to do so (COVID supply chain issues made that somewhat impossible one year in particular).
We’ve built relationships with French wine importers who contribute to our regular articles about different wine varietals. Our article about where to find French wines in Australia that you can’t find elsewhere has drawn the attention of French winemakers looking to export their product to the Australian market and put them in contact with French wine importers.
Where you are
Our readers are all around the world with the top 5 countries being Australia, US, France, Canada and UK.
So that’s just a taste of our last 5 years. What would you like to see us do more of? Is there something you’d like to hear about that we haven’t written about before? Someone you think we should interview?